Steps for a Belize Online Casino License
There are three distinct stages in the process of application for a Belize Online Casino License.
Stage 1: Initial Evaluation, if the applicant is fit and proper to apply.
In the beginning of the First stage, the applicant approaches Empire and fills in a preliminary application form showing their interest in the program. On approval of this application, Empire provides them an Application Guidebook containing all application forms, regulations and basic guidance for filling up the forms on payment of a nominal fee. The client can also seek an appointment with Empire to know more details about the application process and completion of the application.
The next steps in the first stage are:
- The application guidebook with The Belize IBC Application (Domestic Belize Corporation), Belize Gaming Trade Association & Club Dues and an online gaming license application form are provided to the applicant.
- Applicants will have a meeting with Empire for more information about the eligibility requirements and filling in the application form. The client will be provided special guidance on financial capability and technical knowledge about the business.
- The applicant will be informed about the supporting documents for the application form. Among the important documents which are required are:
- Complete Company Probity Form
- Complete Personal Probity Form: about the applicant
- Payment vouchers for prescribed fees
- Business Plan
- Passport or Visa copies (including current and previous passports)
- Citizenship Certificate
- Certificate of Non-criminal Record
- Additional documents as may be sought by the Competent authorities
- In the next step the application form has to be submitted to Empire PLLC. The form should be fully completed and incomplete application forms can normally not be modified later. Hence, generally they will not be accepted.
- On receipt of the application form. Empire will evaluate the form and ensure that all questions are answered, all supporting documents are enclosed and all requisite fee amounts have been paid.
Stage 2: Government Evaluation of License Application.
The Government inspection of the application called the “Administrative Completeness Check” is now completed by the Government authorities. The check is normally completed within 8-16 weeks. However, as a part of its aim to provide the best services, Empire provides a medium for expedited check. In this process, the decision is normally taken within 4-6 weeks. However, the Belize Government may charge an additional fee of $1000-2000 for the purpose.
The second part of the Government evaluation process is the ‘Initial Evaluation Process’ by the Gaming Board. The process starts with a Background Check conducted on the basis of the submitted information. The Evaluation process involves checking of all details including technical information, business plan and personal information of application.
In case, the applicant does not fulfil certain conditions of application, it will be conveyed to the applicant. The applicant can then submit the additional documents and call for an extended evaluation.
In case, the applicant does not request for extended evaluation or fails in the extended evaluation, then the application is rejected. In case, it fulfils the initial or extended evaluation, it moves on to the final stage.
Stage 3: Approval by Committee and Grant of License
The last stage of the process is final approval of the application by the Gaming License Review Committee on the basis of the evaluations. The decision of the committee is then informed to Empire who then conveys it to the applicants.