Brussels, Belgium: A land famous for its waffles and beer and of course its long history of sea farers and diamond trading, Belgium now is also home to the headquarters of the European Commission. A country with an extremely rich cultural heritage, Belgium is roughly divided into parts, the French speaking part called the Flanders and the Dutch speaking part called Wallonia. No wonder that, no matter whichever building or alley I see, every signpost is written in two languages which is rare for any European country and presents a slight insight into the desire of the Belgians to stay united even with the wide diversity.
As a member of the European Union, Belgium is a part of the common market and enjoys the four freedoms. The Government of Belgium realised that this could be used to promote Belgium as a gaming destination in Central Europe. Gaming was a natural progression since Belgium already saw a large number of High Net-worth individuals visiting the country for business. As a well recognised and secure online gaming destination Belgian online gaming licenses are sought after by entrepreneurs.
Expansion into the online gaming sector was a natural progression for Belgium keeping in view the spread of the Internet and online gaming in Europe. The gambling sector in Belgium, both onshore gambling and offshore gaming is regulated through the Gaming Act of 1999. The Legislation is continually updated keeping in view the changing scenarios. On the other hand, the responsibility for regulating online gambling in Belgium lies with the Gaming Commission which is sole authority entrusted with issuing licenses and enforcing laws.
Types of Belgium Gambling Licenses:
Belgium Gambling Licenses are divided into distinct Online and Offline gaming licenses. The main forms of Belgian casino licenses are:
- A Type License: To open a land based casino.
A+ License: For holder of an A-type license holder to operate an online casino
- B Type License: To open a land based slot machine arcade
B+ License: For holder of a B-Type License to operate slot machines online
- F1 License: For organizing Wagers on Sports and Horse Racing
F2 License: For accepting bets on sports events at common areas
F1+ License: For organizing online wagering
Details about the licenses are available at https://empireglobal.partners/casino-gambling-license-in-belgium/
How do I get a Belgium Gaming License
The varied types of licenses makes obtaining a Belgian online gaming license a herculean task at first sight. But, thankfully Empire can assist you to simplify the process. For beginners, it is necessary in Belgium that an offline license of the same type is held to apply for an online license. For instance, an ‘A+ (online license)’ can only be applied for by a holder of an ‘A- type license’. The application needs to be made in the required format to the Gaming Commission.
In brief the following conditions needs to be fulfilled for all types of Belgian Licenses:
- Extract from the judicial record (no older than three months);
- Certificate of good conduct demonstrating that you hold full civil and political rights;
- Copies of your last three personal income tax returns and tax assessment notices;
- Copies of tax returns for the company together with the relevant records, supporting documents, statements and details supplied for the last three assessment years;
- Documents stating identity of all shareholders including names, first names and national numbers (for Belgian shareholders) OR the full identity (for foreign shareholders);
- The number of shares per shareholder;
- Copy of the Agreement concluded between the operator and the municipality where the gaming establishment is to have its place of business;
Additionally for the online license, the following details need to be submitted:
- a list of the type or variety of games of chance offered;
- Proof of financial resources and the capacity to pay the security deposit for the license type which is sought (€ 250,000 for A+, € 75,000 for B+ & € 10,000 for F+ licenses).
- The rules of the games of chance to be played
- The Location of the server and the identification of the server along with the name of the website.
The process of license issuance is normally completed within 3-4 months. More details about the entire process can be obtained from https://empireglobal.partners/casino-gambling-license-in-belgium/
Empire as your preferred partner for a Belgian Gaming License
A Belgian Gaming License is your gateway to a large and affluent market with immense revenue potential. Let the gaming Professional Services & Advisory Firm at Empire Professional Services & Advisory Firm take care of the licensing process while you focus on your business. The team at Empire will guide you through the entire process of application to certifying your machines and software for starting your website and will be available to answer your queries. The gaming Professional Services & Advisory Firm at Empire can be reached through their website www.empireglobal.partners or by email at email@example.com
For more information please visit:
Empire: Belgian Gaming License Page: https://empireglobal.partners/casino-gambling-license-in-belgium/
Gaming Commission (https://www.gamingcommission.be/opencms/opencms/jhksweb_en/home/)
To know more about the country, please visit: https://www.belgium.be/en
You can also visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuI-dR9pfU to know more about Belgium.
For more information on the legislation behind the program, please visit:
The Gaming Act: (https://www.gamingcommission.be/opencms/opencms/jhksweb_en/law/)