To benefit from its status as a global business hub, Hong Kong has introduced a program that enables citizens from most countries around the world (exceptions are: Mainland China, Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, Nepal, and Vietnam) to reside in Hong Kong as an entrepreneur.
Become a Hong Kong Resident as an Entrepreneur
Hong Kong is the leading financial services hub of the east and is home to a number of leading business conglomerates. With a free-market economy, excellent global connectivity, English as the language of official communication, excellent infrastructure, and a highly-skilled workforce, Hong Kong is an attractive destination for new entrepreneurs.
With a view to benefiting from its status as a global business hub, Hong Kong has introduced a program which enables citizens from most countries around the world (exceptions are: Mainland China, Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, North Korea, Nepal, and Vietnam) to reside in Hong Kong as an entrepreneur.
Key Benefits of the Hong Kong Entrepreneur Visa
A Hong Kong Entrepreneur Visa provides a holder with the following key benefits:
- Access to Government Funded programs for start-ups
- A possibility for entry of dependents into the country
- Ability to work also in tie-up with other sponsors
- No minimum investment value
- A very fast processing period for the visa of around four weeks
What are the documents required for a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Investment Visa?
The key documentation requirements for a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Investment Visa for the applicant are:
- Filled up the application form for a visa (ID 999A which is available for download on this page)
- Valid Travel documents of the applicant such as Passports and visas for Hong Kong
- Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan or Mainland China Identity Cards (if any)
- Proof of academic qualifications
- Bank statements showing the financial standing of the applicant
- If applicable, a copy of the employment contract indicating position held, salary, employment periods and benefits
For the purpose of showing a valid investment or business venture, the following additional requirements need to be submitted:
- A 2-year business plan with information about the proposed business, amount of investment, local job creation and plan to set up offices or showrooms
- Proof of business activities of the company
- Documents indicating the background of the company
- Tenancy documents for the set up of the office or the business
- Proof of employment created for local employees
- Business Registration Certificate and company incorporation documents
- Letter of support from Government programs, if applicable
In cases when a Company is sponsoring an applicant, an additional form called ID 999B (which is available for download on this page) is also required to be submitted.
What is the process of application for a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Investment Visa?
The application process for a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Visa is transparent and efficient. All the aforementioned documents along with the application have to be submitted to the Hong Kong Immigration Department by post or through the local sponsor. A fee of HK$260 has to be submitted along with the application form.
It is, however, crucial that the documents and application forms are filled and compiled before an expert in the field of immigration law to ensure that any errors do not creep into them and the information is correctly presented.
The time required for processing of a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Investment Visa
The processing time period for a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Investment Visa is around 4 weeks from the submission of the application of all requisite documents and forms are in place.
Empire Global has a team of experienced professionals who will guide you through the entire process of application for a Hong Kong Entrepreneur Investment Visa including assistance in the preparation of documents, submission of application and responding to any queries from the Immigration office. We request you to get in touch with Empire Global at the earliest to understand the entire process and fulfill your dream of settling in Hong Kong.