The Portugal Golden Visa is the simplest and most affordable route to EU residency and citizenship. A Golden Visa is granted to non-EU nationals and their families investing in businesses, venture capital funds, or real estate. Investors from EU/EEA countries or Switzerland don’t require a golden visa but will need to register their stay.
Investing in Portugal Gateway rather than the property is considerably cheaper, has significant tax advantages, and takes far less time and effort to complete. It also means you can invest an exact amount as the property price can exceed the required Golden Visa investment.
Advantages of this Golden Visa are:
- No need to search for properties, understand the Portuguese property market, and conduct due diligence
- Avoiding all the paperwork required in buying the property and getting the purchase approved for the Golden Visa
- No need to manage, maintain or refurbish a property
- No need to submit any Portuguese tax return
- Significant transactional cost savings
- No need to live in Portugal
Portuguese golden visa holders receive a temporary residence permit for one year. Subsequent visa renewals last for two-year periods. After five years, golden visa holders can then apply for permanent residence in Portugal; after six years, they can apply for Portuguese citizenship.
What are the requirements for Portuguese Residency?
The applicant must fit at least one of the following categories to claim Portuguese residency by investment:
- Capital transfer of at least €1 million into Portugal
- Creation of at least 10 job positions in Portugal
- Purchase property in Portugal worth at least €500,000
- Acquire real estate in Portuguese urban regeneration areas at least 30 years old to the value of at least €350,000
- Investing at least €350,000 in scientific research in Portugal
- Investments of €250,000 or more in Portuguese arts, culture, and heritage
- Investing at least €500,000 in small- and medium-sized businesses in Portugal
Portugal’s investor visa covers shareholders of companies already set up in Portugal or in another EU state with a stable residence in Portugal and tax obligations fulfilled. The investment established for the golden visa has to be maintained for a minimum of five years from the date when the Portuguese golden visa is established.
For EU Blue card are following requirements:
- The applicant has to provide a contract or binding job offer which provides that the applicant has a gross salary which is at least 1.5 times (or 1.2 times in certain cases) the average gross annual salary
- Health Insurance Coverage Certificate
- Social Security Registration evidence
- Documents validating the applicant’s professional qualifications or higher educational qualifications enabling him to join the profession
Acquiring Permanent residency in Portugal would enable the applicant to ultimately claim citizenship rights at the end of the sixth year of residence.
How to get Portuguese Golden Visa?
Empire, a leading Professional Services & Advisory Firm focused on immigration and residency offers you a simplified path to apply for the Portugal Residency program and secure approvals within the shortest possible time. With our team of immigration experts, you are assured that your application is in informed hands. If you are interested in obtaining more information about this program, please complete the form. One of our representatives will be in contact with you. You can reach us by phone at +60350331665 or visit our website empireglobal.partners. We also look forward to your emails at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer clear written contract agreements mentioning the applicable charges including the refund policy, in the unlikely event that the application is unsuccessful.