Canada Migration is well renowned across the world as a cosmopolitan society and as a destination that is welcoming to individuals from across the globe. The country also boasts of a high living standard, comprehensive social security legislation, and a well preserved natural environment. It is home to some of the most livable cities in the world including Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary.
Canadian Migration Programs Requirements
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program
The two schemes almost have similar application and assessment criteria that have to be fulfilled. However, the quotas for any of the schemes may be filled at a given time and it is essential to have detailed knowledge of their application quota status. Under most circumstances the criteria for application are as follows:
- The investor has to have proper Business Experience as defined under Regulations and the investor must have previously managed or operated a business at least for two out of five years preceding the application.
The combined net worth of the couple must exceed CAD 1.6 million with legitimate funds.
- The family must have passed Medical and Security evaluations as per the Canadian Government requirements.
- An investment of CAD 800,000 must be made for 5 years in two Government Guaranteed investor programs where the amount will be paid back without any interest at the end of the period. Or
- The investor may choose a financed option where the investor may choose to pay a fixed amount to cover the cost of a CAD 800,000 loan which will be repaid at the end of the term at no further cost.
A new program has been started under Section 14.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act in May 2013 which enables entrepreneurs to migrate for starting a new business as an Angel Investor group in Canada subject to fulfillment of certain conditions:
- An investment of CAD 200,000 has to be made by a recognized Canadian Venture Capital Fund in the new business
- The angel investor group must make a minimum investment of CAD 75,000
- The applicants must have higher Educational Qualifications and an ability to communicate in English and/or French
Self Employed Persons
Individual applicants who can show a significant contribution to culture and athletics at the International Level may be able to apply for a Self Employed Persons Visa. The main qualifications under this requirement are:
- The applicant must have show 2 years of experience in culture or athletics at the international level
- An ability to contribute to Canadian society and support the development of these areas
- Knowledge of French or English
- Qualification under a point-based system
Quebec Entrepreneur Program
The province of Quebec runs a separate program to encourage entrepreneurship and an individual fulfilling the following conditions may be eligible to seek a visa as an entrepreneur. The main requirements to be fulfilled under this program are:
- Net assets of CAD 300,000 and a minimum experience of 2 years in managing a business plus the ability toA minimum stake of 25% of the business must be valued at greater than CAD 100,000
- Fulfillment of specific criteria as laid down by the Quebec Government and qualification in an interview by an officer of the Quebec Government
The applicants must have knowledge of Quebec and the ability to communicate in English and/or French
Permanent Residency Status in Canada
A qualified individual under any program can obtain a Canadian Permanent Residency for 5 years. The qualification can be obtained by any of the approved programs of the Canadian Government.
Obtaining Canadian Citizenship
A Canadian Permanent resident may apply for citizenship subject to the following conditions:
- The applicant must have been resident in Canada for a total duration of three out of the last four years before his application
- The applicant must be free from a Criminal Record
- The applicant must have adequate knowledge of the language, history, policy, and Government institutions of Canada
Dependents and family members of the individuals are under most circumstances able to apply with the main applicant under all of the processes mentioned above. We at Empire can guide you through the entire process of application and obtaining a Permanent Resident Card with minimum hassles.
How to apply for Canadian Migration Program?
Empire, a leading Professional Services & Advisory Firm focused on immigration and residency offers you a simplified path to apply for the Canadian Migration program and secure approvals within the shortest possible time. With our team of immigration experts, you are assured that your application is in informed hands. If you are interested in obtaining more information about this program, please complete the form. One of our representatives will be in contact with you. You can reach us by phone at +60350331665 or visit our website empireglobal.partners. We also look forward to your emails at email@example.com. We offer clear written contract agreements mentioning the applicable charges including the refund policy, in the unlikely event that the application is unsuccessful.