Thailand Permanent Residency
Obtaining status as a Permanent Resident (PR) in Thailand has many advantages. It allows you to live permanently in Thailand, with no requirement to apply for an extension of stay. You can also have your name on a house registration document, and you will be able to buy a condominium without making a bank transfer from abroad. Getting a work permit is also made easier once you have PR status.
In addition to this, you can be eligible to become a director of a Thai public company, as well as eventually apply to become a naturalized Thai citizen. You will also be able to apply for an extension of stay and Permanent Resident status for your non-Thai family members.
What are the requirements for Thailand Permanent Residency?
The main qualifications for permanent residency:
- Hold a Thai work permit for at least 3 consecutive years
- Work for the current company for at least 1 year
- Earn an annual income of at least 80,000 baht per month for at least 2 years, or have filed a tax return for an annual income of 100,000 baht for at least 2 consecutive years
Applicants will also need the proper documents to file an application. The documents applicants need:
- TM.9 application form
- Form of the personal information sheet
- Health certificate from a government hospital
- Map of residence and place of work form
- Salary certificate
- Letter of employment to the Department of Labour
All applications for a Thai Permanent Residence Visa must be done so at a Royal Thai Immigration Office. As part of your application for a Thai Permanent Residence Visa, you will be interviewed by an immigration officer at a Thai Immigration Office. After 10 consecutive years on a Thai Permanent Residence Visa, you can apply to become a Thai naturalized citizen.
How to obtain a Thailand Permanent Residency?
We at Empire can guide you through the entire process of application and obtaining the permit with minimum hassles. Please contact us trough form or email and one of the our expert will get in touch with you.